- Can we clean up fire or smoke damage in our commercial facility?
- What is mould?
- Will turning up the heat help dry things out?
After fire and smoke damage to your commercial property, we do not recommend you attempt any “do-it-yourself” cleaning methods without first consulting your ServiceMaster Restore qualified Restoration Technician. Pre-testing, using the right cleaning agent for particular items, mixing deodourizing agents with cleaning solutions and using correct dilution ratios are just some of the ways an expert fire restoration technician attains professional and controlled results. Professional cleaning systems and products used by experienced, trained technicians give you the best chance for successful restoration of your property and its contents.
Mould is a fungus that can be found both indoors and outdoors. No one knows how many species of mould exist, but estimates range from tens of thousands to even three hundred thousand, or more. Mould spreads and reproduces by creating spores. Spores can survive conditions that are too sunny, hot, cold, dry or wet for mould to grow. When spores are released they can be carried by air or water to new locations and cause new mould growth.
Not necessarily. Our trained technicians will adjust the temperature to its optimum setting for the proper drying conditions. Once set, do not change the setting or shut off the HVAC system; doing so may prolong the drying process.